Monday, July 30, 2007

School is Fast Approaching / Web Resources

"August is almost here and I am not ready!!" Do you feel this way? I have felt this same anxiety in the past at this time of the summer anticipating the coming students and the lesson plans that need to be tweeked, and the need to think about the mistakes I made last year and focus on not repeating them again this year. And then there is the website to work on as well. I know that many of you are super stressed and I appreciate your hard work on the websites in the face of all of the other demands of your schedule.
Well, I don't have another podcast ready yet, but I wanted to share a couple of websites with you that I've found helpful.
First This website - has some good basic information for beginners to intermediate. You might find some good code tricks here and there is also a newsletter that comes to your inbox if you wish to subscribe to it. It is usually interesting with useful information.
Another good resource is a British podcast and website run by Paul Boag. His website is boagworld, which also the title of his podcast. He actually has two podcasts which I listen to weekly. His other podcast is with .net magazine with the same podcast name. These podcasts are usually nearly an hour and have a lot of the latest and greatest information. Sometimes you have to overlook a little crudeness, but not much.
Hope to have another podcast up soon. It will involve looking at the dhtml menus and the javascript code that produces them. We will look at onscreen views of the code and how to make changes to your menu by changing the code. Should be helpful.

No comments: